JANU Signed a MOU on Exchange and Cooperation with SEAMEO-RIHED(February 09, 2018)
In February 9th 2018, at the Gakushikaikan (Tokyo), the Japan Association of National Universities (JANU) held the signing ceremony for the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Exchange and Cooperation between JANU and SEAMEO-RIHED.
The signing ceremony was attended by 6 people from JANU and 2 people from SEAMEO-RIHED.
- President Juichi Yamagiwa (President, Kyoto University)
- Vice President Seiichi Matsuo (President, Nagoya University)
- Vice President and Chairperson of International Exchange Committee Kyosuke Nagata (President, University of Tsukuba)
- Vice President Kimiko Murofushi (President, Ochanomizu University)
- Senior Managing Director Kenji Yamamoto
- Managing Director Masato Kitani
- Centre Director, Chantavit Sujatanond
- Programme Officer, Philip Masterson
This MOU sets the future direction for cooperative relations between JANU and SEAMEO-RIHED in the higher education field, and is expected that inter-university exchange between JANU and SEAMEO-RIHED will be more active.
After the signing ceremony, an opinion exchange was held and they have actively discussed their future cooperation.
JANU will actively implement initiatives to further expand exchange with Southeast Asian region, by strengthening cooperation with SEAMEO-RIHED.